A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Re: Canberra

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks for the warning HeavenlyMelody.

Everyone is so organised! I haven't really thought too much about anything lately cos I've been busy with work. We're going to put a reception venue deposit on Saturday and to check out the areas etc. *fingers crossed*

Deyana
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Let's leave all this unpleasantness behind. Wedding planning in stressful enough as it is!

Well, I'm starting to plan the big girl's day out of wedding dress shopping, even though I'm not going to have it until Easter when my MOH and another good friend are visiting. I'm not sure yet if I want to go to Affordable Bridal in Gundaroo. Since we only have one day, and it's a Saturday, that far a drive seems a bit much. The current plan is to go to Annabel's in Kingston, Nouveau Riche in Queanbeyan, White Doves and Rosey's Bridal in Fyshwick and maybe Ferrari Bridal in Belconnen (not necessarily in that order). Even though I love Wendy Makin dresses, I'm afraid that Brides of Manuka is a bit out of the budget (even though I'm considering getting my dress made by Zero-Love, just depends on what I find at what price!). I was also thinking of Angelic Inspirations in Gold Creek Village, but I was out that way the other day and ducked in and they didn't seem to have much. Being a size 16/18, I know a lot of places won't have a lot of dresses in my size anyway, so I'd prefer to go to a place that has a bigger range.

Now, is there anything I've missed? Anything I should know for wedding dress shopping? I was never the type of girl who dreamed about what her wedding was going to be like, so this is all very new for me!

*mamabear*
♥ Lady Champagne ♥
♥ Lady Champagne ♥

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:51 pm

venue deposit on Saturday
How exciting, fingers crossed for you!

Bexie- Just saw your S&T comment...I haven't done mine yet LOL Need to get my b*tt into gear :D

Deyana- Yay, the dress shopping is the fun and exciting part! Sounds like a pretty good list to me!

Heavenly Melody
Cheeky Cherub
Cheeky Cherub

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:07 pm

[quote="*mamabear*"]Thanks for the concerns and warnings Heavenly Melody. I'm sorry such awful comments were made to you :( , and to Missbexie...I just hope the one user doesn't turn people off the Canberra thread, as we seem to have very few posters in here as it is. It was lovely, helpful and supportive until this incident, and I hope it returns back to just that!

Thank-you mamabear... I am very sorry to impose on your thread - you do deserve to build a community of supportive, like minded brides to share your excitement with. I just cant stand by and see people be decieved. She wont be able to share a thing without lying and I doubt people will give her the time of day anyway. :roll:

Anyways to everyone else, happy planning girls! :D Enjoy every moment of this special time, it really does go by all too quickly!

OestaraRose

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Who do you think you are? Your paranoia is beyond a joke. I'm sure if she were that bad a person she would have been banned & she wouldn't be able to sign back on here with an alias because she'd have the same ISP address.

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Deyana, good luck and have fun with your wedding dress shopping!!!!!! :)

I guess if you can't find anything, you can always get it made?

I read that some people got their dresses made - Here's a link to one of them http://www.chrisstottdesigns.apex.net.au/index.html

Deyana
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Come on ladies, let's just drop all of that and get on with talking about our weddings! I love this thread and I don't want it locked due to unpleasantness.

Thanks for the link kaywoman. I'll see what I like when I go shopping, then I'll have to look into options.
Last edited by Deyana on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missbexie
♥ Proud mum to beautiful Charlotte ♥
♥ Proud mum to beautiful Charlotte ♥

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:30 pm

enough!!!! Stop the b*tching and stay on topic or don't post at all!

I haven't seen Niki on here lately! I wonder where my wedding buddy is... :roll:

Deyana
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 pm

I'm starting to think about the timing of the wedding. We're having a 5pm ceremony at OPH gardens, followed by a reception at the Mantra on Northbourne starting at 7pm. Our ceremony will probably only be half an hour, including the signing and all, so I need to figure out what to direct guests who aren't going to be posing for photos to do in the meantime. We'll have a room at the Mantra, which I'll get FH to check into earlier that day, so parents with kids who need a nap can go there, but I'd like something nice for the rest of our guests to do. There's the OPH gardens and the National Rose garden across the road. Unfortunately, OPH itself shuts at 5, so that's not an option. Anything else you ladies can think of to suggest to guests?

lissie77
4ever Mrs Gav
4ever Mrs Gav

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:08 pm

OMG i too missed all this as ive been sick........it was so quiet in here when katbunny and I were doing our weddings and this other stuff going on is a JOKE! ..........Us canberra girls are awesome without a few well.......@#$^*&*$$!@
lol canberra weddings are awesome!

Bella_Bride
Goddess of Chat
Goddess of Chat

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:53 am

Girls, I'm sorry but enough is enough.

We have asked you all many times before not to be provoked and not to discuss threads that are locked. The Mod Team will be reviewing this thread and warnings will be issued.

I cannot stress enough that if you have a problem with another poster that you contact the *Moderator Team* rather than publicly airing your grievances. For now, this thread will be locked.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.28