A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

west49th
Topic Author

Re: Wanted: Votive Holders

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 am

Hi misspony,

I've bought some clear glass holders for my wedding in Target, I think they were originally about $7 for a pack of 6 but I got them while they were on sale. I can't find them in the online catalogue but you should be able to get them in store.

If you can't get these, perhaps you could try a local charity shop - my Mum works in one and they always seem to have some small glasses on the shelf that could be used as votive holders and they only cost 50 cents each. Some of them were quite pretty and I only went with the Target holders as I wanted them all to be the same.

Hope this helps!

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:08 pm

When do you need them? My wedding is on Friday and after that I'm pretty sure I won't need 110 votive holders. If you don't need them urgently I will see how many respectable ones I have left. :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Have you tried Ebay? I bought bulk candles from Ebay and they were very reasonable.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I have some spares left over from my wedding - you are welcome to have them but I have no idea how much postage would be is my main concern as moving glass around can be risky...

west49th
Topic Author

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 am

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
L, want me to have a look in Target for you hon?

west49th, misspony lives in Germany so she can't get to a store to have a look :wink:

:lol: you can tell I'm a newbie on this forum! Ah well, maybe it'll be useful information for someone else.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:19 am

misspony wrote:
Thanks for all the offers ... however I have since bitten the bullet and hired a decorator for our wedding so looks like I won't need to buy any after all. Thanks anyway!

Good for you - you won't regret it, it was a huge weight off my shoulders knowing someone else was taking care of it all on the day! As an aside, any Adelaide brides who are interested, I have some voitve holders!

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 am

misspony wrote:
Thanks for all the offers ... however I have since bitten the bullet and hired a decorator for our wedding so looks like I won't need to buy any after all. Thanks anyway!

Oh was going to say- ikea, $2 for 4 clear glass tea light holders, but now I don't need to!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12