June 2010

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:06 pm

A place for June 2010 brides to chat

Elmfairy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: June 2010

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm

Yay!!! Thankyou so much to making a June 2010 thread. Are there any other girls getting married in June 2010??

Elmfairy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:33 pm

Im getting married on the 29th June 2010 at Cedar creek estate at mount tamborine, and then the reception at twin towns at tweed heads. Almost everything is booked already or decided. Im going good with the planning as i am still living with my parents and so is FH so we have to find a house and everything before we get married. I already have my dress and we booked our photographer last year as we won a $2,500 wedding photography package at the wedding expo last year :) We are trying to get everything sorted for the wedding early so we can concentrate on getting a house and things for the house.

Leah3810

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:51 am

Yay!!

Im a June 2010 bride :) 13th June 2010 at Magnetic Island QLD. We (and all of our guests) are coming up from crappy cold melbourne weather to a hopefully nice and warm magnetic island...

I've already booked reception venue, photographer, celebrant, hair & makeup lady, video guy ... ummmm yep i think thats about where im up to hehe. Im trying to find a cake person but i havent decided on colours or anything yet so I dont know what type of cake i want. Also having issues with bridal party, urgh!!! But otherwise everything going well!

Will be great to hear what other June 2010 brides are doing and what theyve organised!

Leah :)

Shaz2010

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:57 am

YAY! Finally a June 2010 thread! I thought i was the only 1 for a while there! Looks like its you and me Elmfairy! You sould super organised already... Go you! As for us, we have chosen Sunday 13th of June 2010... Intially it was because sunday was a bit cheaper, and minimum numbers were only 70 as opposed to 100 for a sat... It was the only sunday we could do in June as there are bdays either side of it... And up untill last week it wasnt going to be on the June long weekend... however... my reception place called me last week to tell me the govt had moved the long weekend to my wedding weekend next year! Wasnt too sure what that meant as i wasnt wanting to pay for more just because of a public holiday... Long story short, our prices and minimum numbers stay they same and now our guests can really make the most of our Sunday wedding as most will be off work the next day! YAY!

As for plans, we have obviously booked our reception aswell as cars, celebrant and photographer... Still trying to decide on our theme though! Ooh, and my FSIL has offered to buy all the materials and make all our invitations, placecards and thank yous... So happy bout that as she is soooo creative and i really wasnt looking forward to doing it! hehe!

Shaz2010

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:58 am

Leah3810 wrote:
Yay!!

Im a June 2010 bride :) 13th June 2010 at Magnetic Island QLD. We (and all of our guests) are coming up from crappy cold melbourne weather to a hopefully nice and warm magnetic island...

I've already booked reception venue, photographer, celebrant, hair & makeup lady, video guy ... ummmm yep i think thats about where im up to hehe. Im trying to find a cake person but i havent decided on colours or anything yet so I dont know what type of cake i want. Also having issues with bridal party, urgh!!! But otherwise everything going well!

Will be great to hear what other June 2010 brides are doing and what theyve organised!

Welcome welcome fellow June 2010 bride! We share the same date too Leah!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Finally our own month lol.
Our date is the 26th it falls on the full moon, adds a touch of romance we hope not that we need it lol, its also being held at Avalon Castle so will be a medieval wedding with guests to come dressed up as well, so far all guests seem eager.
Booked Avalon back in 07 it has its own chapel, have the celabrant booked, and the photographer, doing up scrolls for the invites, have the dress picked out, found the flower girls dress and its hanging in the wardrobe, have the veil, have an idea for the cake and flowers. still lots to do have no idea what Fh or groomsmen will be wearing as fh wont tell me just says dont worry :?

Maggie Island is a great place to get married i renewed vows with my ex there and it was a perfect place shame about the ex lol. we had Crusty and used the golf club for service and reception. (fh has been married b4 as well but this time we are going all out as fh said treat this wedding as our first and the wedding and marriage we have been waiting for all our life) :D how can a girl not love a guy like this.

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Leah3810 wrote:
Yay!!

Try Marie Smith she works from home and does anything you like her cakes are the best she is in Townsville if you need her number i can try to find it for you but i think it is on here somewhere.

Elmfairy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Its very good to see how organised we are :)

We are getting married on a Tuesday, it works out good for us and the cost is considerably smaller. Our reception will cost less than my wedding dress which cost $2000 :D We are having about 40 people so it will be small and very intimate. There will be more people at the ceremony but just close friends and family at the reception. Im looking forward to it, its so exciting.

Leah3810

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:13 am

Elmfairy wrote:
Its very good to see how organised we are :)
...We are having about 40 people so it will be small and very intimate. ...

Same :) We've invited 40-45 as we only wanted a small group too :) Although Im thinking that final numbers might end up a fiar bit lower as we have friends who have just bought houses etc and I think flights, accommodation etc might be a bit much for them.

I had a bit of a giggle reading this thread last night because my FH has been thinking im a little crazy trying to organise everything already, he keeps telling me "it's ages away, dont stress!" hehe I think I'd rather have stuff booked, confirmed and organised well in advance and not have to stress closer to the date! Men! hehe

Elmfairy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:34 am

Leah3810 wrote:

I had a bit of a giggle reading this thread last night because my FH has been thinking im a little crazy trying to organise everything already, he keeps telling me "it's ages away, dont stress!" hehe I think I'd rather have stuff booked, confirmed and organised well in advance and not have to stress closer to the date! Men! hehe

Yea I wanted to say that at least 2 weeks before the wedding i dont want to have to do anything. Apart from the little things that you cant help. Its really not that far away though, what date are you getting married Leah?

Leah3810

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:56 pm

13th June at Maggie Island, cant wait :)

Elmfairy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi Lacy,
Good to see things are comming along nicely for you so far. Im getting married up at Mount tamborine so its going to be very cold. But its pretty much exactly what we wanted (we love winter and the cold - silly, i know). Keep us updated with how things are going :)

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:33 pm

wow where is everyone :lol:

Elmfairy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Lol, im not sure. Im still here but everyone seems to have gone :(

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:36 am

i have an appointment to try on my dress again, next week they dont have my size but a similar one the cousin they said to mine, so all going well i will order and pay for it on the day, just leaves flowers and still need to find the right cake, and get our std cards out if only fh would do up his guest list when i ask him he says no hurry im like there is we need to send invites overseas and interstate so be good if family and friends have time to save, orginize holidays and stuff.

Shaz2010

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Your sounding very organised Snowravin! YAY for you! I havent done much more planning lately except for some invite mock ups... Kinda needed to get my butt into gear and figure out our theme before i send out our STD's... which im hoping to get out this June so its an easy 12 months till the date. Will amke it easier for all our interstate travellers too.

I did get a call from our reception place a few weeks back to let us know that apparently the June long weekend had been moved a week later for 2010 and falls on our wedding weekend... Wasnt sure what that meant but they were just checking we were fine with it.. Normally a long weekend incurs a higher rate and minimum numbers jump to 100 as opposed to 70 which defeats the purpose of us chosing a sunday! But all is good, same rates apply and now our guests can make the most of it and not rush back to work the next day!

How are all u ladies doing with your plans?

Shaz2010

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Clearly im tired as i have just written something in my last post that is almost identical to what i wrote on page 1!! Ooops!! Its been a long week so far! Sorry guys :oops:

rollydog
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 11, 2009 11:53 am

I also can't wait to can't wait to escape a cold Melbourne winter for a tropical paradise in Port Douglas on June 18th 2010!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 11, 2009 2:07 pm

well did the try the dress thing they ordered the dress in 2 sizes too big in case i dont loose or gain weight but they said no dramas in taking it in so thats good, still lots to do but it can wait, a little longer.
Glad your plans are coming along well.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19