A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

debzilla_108
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: February 2010 - Part 2

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:55 pm

we have our pro pics back already...he only took 5 days to edit 2500 odd photos!! ill upload some to my show and tell soon...we are soooooo happy with them!

EDIT** photos are uploaded

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=104038&p=1759116#p1759116

nimz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:53 pm

hey ladies, my photographer has put some professional pictures online. These are only a few of the hundreds that he took. Feel free for a peep at http://www.josephkoprek.com.au then go to 'your images' then 'Loh' then password is 'naomi'.

rach27
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:58 pm

OMG I get married tomorrow!! I cant belive its finally here. Thanks for all your support, advice & shoulders!! Hope everyone elses day goes beautifully!! See you on the married side!!

kemseyelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Deb and Nimz - wow, just beautiful! And how fantastic that you both have photos already!!!

Jesskins - hope your day was (and is still) totally amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Good luck to all those getting hitched this weekend - may your day be all you hoped for and more. :heart:

debzilla_108
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:53 am

good luck to all remaining brides!!!

someone suggested i do a hall of fame with a heap of pics so i did and heres the link if you want to see heaps of our photos
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=112763&p=1759488#p1759488

rach27
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Im Married!!! It was a wonderful beautiful day. We had an amazing time. Here are a few photos.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pho ... 1089525270

*EDIT - Better photos!!!
Last edited by rach27 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jesskins
Mrs Hunny Bunny
Mrs Hunny Bunny

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Deb, Rach, Nimz - gorgeous photos!!!

YAY we had the most perfect day, have got some pics up in my S&T viewtopic.php?f=18&t=99953&start=410

kemseyelle
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Gorgeous photos Rach!!! Just beautiful!!!

Jesskins, already said it in your S&T thread, but congrats again honey, lovely pics!

nimz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:16 pm

congratulations girls, we're all married now. Looking forward to seeing every ones pictures and hearing about your wedding and honeymoon.

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 pm

ok girls i need your help with what to do next..

im not sure if i mentioned it in this thread before so i will start all over..

our wedding was great, one problem in the whole day/night was our hotel..

we booked for 2 nights (the night before wedding, and wedding night) at Terrigal sails serviced apartments.

anyways all was good until we were at the reception and realised we lost the emergency kit which just happened to have the hotel key in it..
so altho i was worried, i thought it would be all good once we got there as i knew there was an after hours phone which is for people like me lol...
we got there at 12.25am, i sat in breakers courtesy car whilst my husband kept ringing the phone. he rang continously for half hour and it was obvious no-one was coming.
we left at 12.55am (wonderful courtesy car driver for being so patient, he got a good tip) and decided we had no choice but to go back to our place (yes.. with my parents and my kids there ).
i was so angry by then, but decided to save it until the next day.

on sunday (the day after)
my husband and i both went to the hotel the next morning at 9.30am.
we asked for the manager straight up and the lady there named 'donna' said "depends why, sometimes i am, sometimes im not".. well i tried to get someone else but it was obvious no-one else ws there so i talked to her.
i told her what happened, she LAUGHED, she must of thought i was entertaining her somehow, she told me she was the staff member on duty over night and then she said she came down to the door around 1.10am.. i asked why it took 40minutes to come down and she denies anyone calling until after 1am
i asked why she didnt answer any of the calls, even to say she wont be long, or anything, she had no excuse.
she then asked where we ended up staying the night, which i lied and said 'at a friends place' (to make her feel bad), instead she LAUGHED again.. that made me fume! i then followed it with 'on the lounge room floor', still LAUGHING.. i had a go at her for laughing and how rude she was being etc.
all she kept asking was for the key (which ended up bing in the hummer but we didnt know at that stage), i kept telling her i wouldnt be handing in until the matter was resolved and i ended up walking out as i was that close to crying by then. i was so upset that she laughed at us, thats what made everything worse!

later that day , donna called my mobile apologising for the inconvenience and offered a spa apartment package with champagne chocolates etc when ever we wanted as long as they got the key back (the key had an access thing for the whole building which would of needed to be re-programmed if they didnt get it back costing heaps)..
i left for my honeymoon that arvo and left the key with my dad to drop in once we received the voucher in mail, well i guess he forgot that important fact and just dropped it in when he was in the area, i still dont have my voucher nearly 3 weeks later!!

if the hotel didnt have an 24hrs phone available, i would have taken full responsibility, but they did have this feature and they didnt come through on it!

im not sure what to do next, i have emailed the hotel, still no word from them though, im angry and i want some sort of compensation, at least my money back for one night minimum.
everything was made worse by the staff member on duty, the attitude!

debzilla_108
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Oh wow sorry to hear that story. I commend you for not knocking her block off for laughing. Man if someone was that rude to me I would have taken to her lol

Violet Blue
HisGoffickHalf
HisGoffickHalf

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Wow, so DH and I have now been married for a month...we finally got our pro shots and I can do my hall of fame thread!

Does anyone else find, their interest in weddings has abated? I was a wedding nut six months ago, even white weddings. Now I am not so interested in weddings, even "creative: ones. Apparently that is quite normal - three months out thinking you could be a wedding planner, a month later thinking weddings generally are lovely things but not one's career...

Ms Pearly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:01 am

Firslty a big congrats to all the Feb brides. Is anyone doing (or have done) anything for their 1 month anniversary? Being together for 10 years already I can't see us doing anything special. Plus I am on call for work that weekend.

Steph that is really bad. I work in a hotel and I regularly have to be on call after hours. I have had to answer calls all hours of the morning. When you realised you had lost the key did you call them at that stage? If not its probably a good idea in the future as they may have been able to arrange something in advance. Saying that, there is not much you can do. The only real way to get under their skin is to contact them and demand your voucher or some type of compensation or else you will write a very horrid review on http://www.tripadvisor.com.It may work it may not, but its worth a try.

debzilla_108
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:20 am

na no plans for our 1 month...we are in same boat as you ms pearly.. we have been together 6 years.

i got a coffee table book made up and this is the company i used. our photographer recommended it.
http://www.photobookaustralia.com.au/?pg=index
thats the site..
you download their program... design it in there ( u can save it and go back to it later) and then send it to them threw the program and they send it to you 2-3 weeks later...
easy as that!! and it really was easy as that...ours rocked up the other day and its AWESOME! going to be ordering a few more for the parents!

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 am

It's hard to believe that the 1 month anniversary is just about here. We're going to Lady Ga Ga for ours, which really was just a coincidence, but now a great excuse.

jesskins
Mrs Hunny Bunny
Mrs Hunny Bunny

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:16 pm

pinklilli wrote:
It's hard to believe that the 1 month anniversary is just about here. We're going to Lady Ga Ga for ours, which really was just a coincidence, but now a great excuse.

oh man, my DH cant stand lady gaga, so jealous! Hope you have a great time! Our 1 month anniversary is next Friday, not sure if we'll do anything yet - we're still fairly broke after the wedding. I wouldn't mind doing something though!

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Ms Pearly wrote:
Firslty a big congrats to all the Feb brides. Is anyone doing (or have done) anything for their 1 month anniversary? Being together for 10 years already I can't see us doing anything special. Plus I am on call for work that weekend.

Steph that is really bad. I work in a hotel and I regularly have to be on call after hours. I have had to answer calls all hours of the morning. When you realised you had lost the key did you call them at that stage? If not its probably a good idea in the future as they may have been able to arrange something in advance. Saying that, there is not much you can do. The only real way to get under their skin is to contact them and demand your voucher or some type of compensation or else you will write a very horrid review on http://www.tripadvisor.com.It may work it may not, but its worth a try.

mspearly- i rang at 9pm but no answer, my dad continue ringing a few times after that though. we assumed it was just going to the office which was closed then. i will keep trying for my money back, not giving up!

we didnt do much for our anniversary, it just happened to be a friends party so we drank a bit!! :lol:
on our one week anniversary though, in thailand, we light up a big red heart balloon..

Angel81
Almost there
Almost there

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:50 am

Stephbrown - that's a terrible story! Gosh, here I was feeling sorry for myself about Cyclone Olga on my wedding day (well, not too sorry, was still an awesome day :))

I would recommend you make an application to the Consumer Trader & Tenancy Tribunal for the money back from the night you missed and while you're there you can make a general complaint about the way you were treated and point out that they ruined your wedding night and then demand the money from the first night. Even if you don't get your money back they'll have to trek to wherever you file it to defend themselves. I'm actually a lawyer and I'm running my first CTTT matter on Thursday. I can tell you how it works after that.

I'd point out that you would have chosen a different place if they hadn't represented to you that they have after hours service and because they misrepresented that fact they ruined your wedding night.

I wouldn't take being treated like that. Force her to take this seriously!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21