A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Re: April 2011

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:18 am

I don't know what I'm doing!! My bm's are organising it - I requested something along the lines of dinner, cocktails and dancing with a small group of friends...they're also organising a kitchen tea for most of the female guests. Can't wait for both!

75 days today...can't believe how fast the days are going.

We've decided to have some form of transport - I was trying to avoid it, but we decided it would be easier to organise something. We've got the option of two old cars, a Daimler and a bentley - just have to decide :)

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 am

Ooh I'm loving the hens nights you guys are having... bit diff from the norm = fantastic in my books!!

I just got off the phone to my bestie/MOH - and they've had a change of heart for my hens night... in the end they had to tell me as it ended up being changed from the original date of the 26th of March to the 6th of March (long weekend) - they are taking me to the Future Music Festival!!!

I'm sooo excited!!! I really wanted something different and not the standard hens night do... this decision will also limit (well depending how you look at it) the amount of people going.. I didn't want a lot of people there. Not sure what else they will have in store but i'll be sure to post pics!!! Definately celebrating the end of my singledom (if thats the right term) with a BANG!!

So how does the whole kitchen tea thing work when you have a hens night as well?
I'm having a lunch or dinner the Saturday before the wedding with all the 'olds' and anyone of the ladies who miss out on the hens in Perth.... is it the sort of thing where you get gifts as well? As I would feel kinda bad getting gifts but I still want people to come to lunch/dinner without feeling the need to bring a gift...

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:06 am

I am having an afternoon tea at The Victoria Room. Unfortunately I will be doing nights in the lead up to it (my bridesmaid picked the date before I received my work roster) and I can't swap out of the shift the night before. I wanted something simple and have no plans to have a kitchen tea as well - I want no presents and I think I would get presents if I had a kitchen tea. Can't wait to hear other people's plans.

We have received quite a few RSVPs but also had a call from FMIL yesterday about a guest they did not tell us about. Her nephew has been with his partner for a while (living together for the last year) and she was not included on the invitation. He was apparently a little bit upset about it (everyone else had partners invited). I felt awful that she was not included but it is difficult to invite someone if your FMIL has not included them on the guest list or even told you about their existence!!!!!! I rang them last night to apologise and tell them she is invited and I will be sending a new invite today. Not happy with FMIL!!!!!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:42 am

Hopefully they accepted your apology Ali - I would! It's an honest mistake...surely your FMIL should have known (or asked!). We also have a friend bringing a partner who wasn't included on the invitation. They'd only started seeing each other when I sent out invitations, and he was originally going away around the time of our wedding. Fastforward to now and they are quite serious (even though it's long distance) and he will be able to make it - our friend double checked with me yesterday if she could bring him :)

I don't want a kitchen tea for the presents - I just like the food! :) and it's a nice opportunity to get together with people who wouldn't come to the hens. We were thinking about having high tea at a venue, but I wanted to be able to play games :P

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:19 pm

They were really nice about it. I have sent a new invitation with both of their names on it. I tried to reassure them it was an honest mistake (which it was). My FMIL knew about her nephew's partner but did not tell me or my mother about her. She was not invited to the engagement party because it was just after they started dating (and FMIL did not update us despite our requests prior to the wedding invites being sent).

About the kitchen tea, I did not mean to suggest you wanted the presents. I know my friends/family would buy stuff even if I request no presents (we already have too much in storage, we really don't need anything else!!). I think you can do a "High Tea at home" (they bring in all the food) and then you can have as many games as you want :D :D. Either at a venue or at home sounds like a fun idea!! Perhaps I should do something for those not coming to the Hen's Party...

LR
Formerly known as lizzyrose

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Love your Hen's BonniBinx! I like different too. No offense to any future hen's out there, but I can't imagine anything worse than wearing a sash with 'bride to be' and sipping out of ***** straws......it's just not me.

I don't think I'll have a dedicated 'hens night'. And being I don't have any BMs, it is really up to me! My closest girls are coming over the night before the wedding to help me make the bouquet and do some baking for the afternoon tea after our ceremony. I figure a few bubbles during that is as close to a hen's I'll get!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:33 pm

^^^ Im not into ***** straws either!! One of my BM's
is...crossed fingers the other one can get rid of any ideas she has for those!

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 am

amberino21 wrote:
^^^ Im not into ***** straws either!! One of my BM's
is...crossed fingers the other one can get rid of any ideas she has for those!

^^^^ LOL :lol:

naomi_j86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 am

I don't want a kitchen tea for the presents - I just like the food! :) and it's a nice opportunity to get together with people who wouldn't come to the hens. We were thinking about having high tea at a venue, but I wanted to be able to play games :P

This is exactly how we are having a kitchen tea. My BM specifically worded the invitations to say "Absolutely no presents! Naomi wants an excuse to play some goofy, old-fashioned games".

I don't have a sash with "Bride" on it, but I have a cute (and I think a more sophisticated looking) badge. It is a white/cream satin badge in script writing.

I have done half-half in regards to tacky (x-rated). I think we'll play games like where there is a pic of a man with his 'private parts' missing. So some people can draw the real thing, or if they aren't into it, they can draw some funky boxer shorts.

If anybody needs any kitchen tea/hen's supplies, let me know. I placed an order a few days ago, got it delivered less that 24 hours later... to the other side of Australia! Best customer service, and prices are pretty darn good too!

Lozzzaaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:58 am

My bm's are organising my hens at the moment, I asked for a chocolate tour, but the rest is up to them 8O

Don't think I'll be having the kitchen tea- Mum said it was more for all the older relatives to do games and stuff. I think a hens night/day is enough for me :)

Bella C

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:39 am

I can't wait for my hens night!! :D

I've already got my outfit for it all sorted out, haha. We are going to go out in Darling Harbour, just for drinks and a good night out with the girls. I've never been out in Sydney properly before (being from Wollongong), as it's so much more expensive, but hey, I figured you gotta do something special don't you? :)

TOTALLY agree with anyone who doesn't like the ***** straws and stuff, I am no prude but it just is NOT appealing to me. Having said that, I still plan on eating, drinking and being merry with my girls! :D Can't wait, I don't go out often so it should be a great night. We've got a pink stretch hummer hired for a couple of hours- Our theme is pink & white! YAAAAAY! It's coming up so soon too.

By the way, is anyone on here going to be featured on upcoming "Four Weddings" filming?

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 am

That sounds like a great night Bella... I went to Sydney once and we went out in Darling Harbour.. I LOVED it! It had such a nice feeling about the place and everyones out to have a good time.
The stretch limo sounds cool too!

I haven't heard anyone that is on FW, there is a thread about it and a couple of brides have the application email but I don't believe anyone applied.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 am

i got the email about applying for FW as they were looking for more WA weddings....FH thought it would be an ok idea, i wasn't too sure - he hasn't mentioned it since so i'm not going to bother! i think i'd get ripped to shreds with the things i'm doing that aren't "traditional", particularly my dress. I've seen all sorts at weddings, so i'm more accepting of people doing different things i think - i'm not sure i could be as bitchy about people's choices as they make the girls out to be on tv. we're doing what we want because that's what we like, i'm not sure the possibility of winning a holiday is sufficient compensation!

We went to see the jeweller who made my engagement ring yesterday to talk about wedding bands. he's getting a quote back to us in a few days - fingers crossed it's not too horrible :P FH wants a plain, 6mm, white gold georgian fit/comfort fit band, i want a thin band, channel set half way with princess cuts.

Bella C

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed your night out on Darling Harbour, Bonnie- I'm sure we will too! :D

I guess I'd better come clean about FW.. We're going to be on it, & I'm excited but a little nervous at the same time! We just thought it would be cool, something extra memorable, and I'm one of those people who like to try new experiences in life.. After this I can say I appeared on a television competition! Hehehe. I am excited that I get to travel to WA, SA & VIC for the other weddings, but I am a little apprehensive about people tearing my wedding apart :/ I guess I won't hear what they say until months later when it airs anyway, so until then I'll just put it out of my mind. I don't expect to please everyone though, it's a competition after all :)

Looking forward to meeting my fellow brides!
Xx

bella_bec
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Bella C wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed your night out on Darling Harbour, Bonnie- I'm sure we will too! :D

I guess I'd better come clean about FW.. We're going to be on it, & I'm excited but a little nervous at the same time! We just thought it would be cool, something extra memorable, and I'm one of those people who like to try new experiences in life.. After this I can say I appeared on a television competition! Hehehe. I am excited that I get to travel to WA, SA & VIC for the other weddings, but I am a little apprehensive about people tearing my wedding apart :/ I guess I won't hear what they say until months later when it airs anyway, so until then I'll just put it out of my mind. I don't expect to please everyone though, it's a competition after all :)

Looking forward to meeting my fellow brides!
Xx

Wow...good luck love!!!...at the end of the day as long as you enjoy yourself it doesnt matter!!!!....just be wary of backstabbers!!...but enjoy the process too!

LR

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Wow, good luck Bella C! I might have to watch this season! (coz I haven't seen any of the past ones....)
Last edited by LR on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bella C

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 am

Thanks girls! :)

Can't believe how close our April weddings are getting now- only 8 weeks or so to go for me! Very cool. Is everyone organized? Only a few little things left here & there for me to do, so that's a relief.

Looking forward to the best day of my life! :D it's gonna be one heck of a party.

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Oh wow!! I was hoping someone would go on it - I'm really interested in how it all works behind the scenes - coz I'm soooo addicted to the show!
The US version isn't half a b!tchy as the UK one - I think they may have learnt from the UK one that the brides will deliberately go out and run down the other weddings and score really low to boost their wedding scores as there is always brides who are honest and play the game fairly, so they loose.

The US version only lets them give a score for the 'overall exp' then all the other categories they have to rate one to three - this is a way better way and keeps them all fair. I hope they do that for you.

WIll you be able to tell us about it (without giving away the winner) as I'd love to hear your story.

naomi_j86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:29 pm

I was tempted to apply to Four Weddings, but I suppose it's too late now!

I had MAJOR problems with one of my bridesmaids (I asked 2 friends over a year ago), so 1 pulled out. My DF and I have since become really close with another friend, so I asked her if she would be my bridesmaid yesterday :)
I originally wasn't going to replace the other bridesmaid, as we don't have a 2nd groomsman, but it just doesn't feel right not having someone we are fantastic friends with by our side on the big day.

Unfortunately, my original bridesmaid decided to throw a big hissy fit a few weeks after I picked up and ordered the bridesmaid dresses, and she was a size 16. New bridesmaid is a size 10. I went and asked a dressmaker to alter the dress and she said she wouldn't touch it!! Luckily, another lady would do it for us :)
So we are all set, and I am very happy!

How is everyone else going?

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Naomi, it must be so nice knowing you've got another supportive friend in your bridal party - luckily both my girls have been great the whole time! (I think they want to do more than they are...but ohwell :P)

we've just started learning our dance - The GM's wife taught ballroom dancing
before she had her bub a few months ago so she's teaching us for nothing! We only learnt a few steps today but she's going to give us more next time we see her.

We paid off our cake the other day, so adding to the "completed" list! We also ordered frames for the table names and they arrived yesterday :) we're expecting a few more parcels - I love getting things in the mail!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.6