A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

beckstar2012
I survived and got married

Re: March 2012

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:51 am

Erin you poor thing. I think the other girls have said all that I was going to say. Males just don't see things the same way we do and think it is ok to leave the house a mess and not put things away. I know that over the last few months I have felt the same feelings you have been feeling right now. I have cracked it at FH a few times and he picks up his act for a little while but then lets it start slipping again. It is so frustrating and I completely understand how you are feeling. I hope that your FH picks up his act and you are able to sit down and discuss this issue with him. It is such an exciting time of our lives and to have this hanging over you is not good. Good luck and just remember that us girls are always here to listen to each others vents :) thats what I love about these forums!!

Oh Kate!! Those nightmares sound way too real lol! I hope that none of them come true for your sake! I really hope that the road is sealed before your wedding day as I would hate for you not to have a car and be running around stressing looking for another car.

I know what you mean about talking to your FH (except mine is my mum) I have been talking to her about how I haven't been able to sleep the last few nights as I have all these things going on in my head that I still need to do. She told me I am over thinking things and stressing about nothing and I am so organised blah blah blah. I know I am organised but it is now the little things that need doing that only I can do and you aren't helping by telling me not to stress and think about all these things. I was getting so cranky at her this morning!!!

I think all of our stress levels are going to start rising as the time gets closer! I am sure it is only natural and combine stress with nerves, anxiousness and excitment (I know I am feeling all of these) we are going to be a great big mess! I think there will a lot of venting in here over the next few weeks...lucky we have each other!

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 am

I'm not too stressed about the cars, worst case scenario I'll arrive in my Uncles Merc and the girls will follow in my Mazda. Not nearly the same as a Rolls Royce but at least it's something.
I'm definitely going to do more research and look at music today, I've got a fair few but it's only about an hours worth of music so want a little more then that, figure too much is better then not enough and I'm going to start downloading some of them.

I find people telling me not to stress makes me stress! I'm finding it a bit annoying at the moment, I'm not too stressed but just little things that would be nice to have a hand with, I mention to mum and she just tells me I'm being silly and I'm so organized and on top of it all and I'll get it done. I feel like I've organized this whole thing by myself so it gets a touch overwhelming at times. FH has been alright, but he works long hours, about 60hrs a week so he's too exhausted by the time he gets home so I haven't asked him to help much. I run big decisions by him and asked him to look after the suits, his ring and our accommodation but all the little things, I feel like a pain hassling him. I think I'd be lost without you girls here, you're about the only help I've had with the wedding :)

And I have to tell someone cause I'm crazy excited, I get to pick up my dress next week!!!! I'm thinking I'll take it straight to my brothers like the last one otherwise I'll want to wear it every second minute :p

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:45 am

Sorry I haven't read through everything just yet I just wanted to give you some GBHs, Erin! :e_hug: :e_hug: :e_hug:
I'm lucky that FH usually gets done what I ask him to do so I can't give any advice but what Majeen said sounded good!

Definitely have a talk with him, make sure he knows how it's bothering you to have to do everything with no help. I hope he steps up soon and makes you feel like the wonderful person I've gotten to know because you really are lovely and deserve to have your FH treat you that way!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Forgot to tell you guys but my hens rocked.

The first ngiht was just four of my best mates in Mackay we went out for dinner and just hung out laughing our faces off.

The girls had made specia; hens night lanyards and a sash and a viel thing (all of which i used to think sucked) unless its your own hens!!

Had a great time but now am in recovery mode. Water, vitamins, vegetables.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Thanks for listening girls, and for all the advice. Thats why I love coming on here!

We did talk late last night (after he apologised for 'doing something' but wasn't sure what it was :roll: He just knew I was upset..)

He did admit that he does take me for granted, and said that he will try and do that less...which is all that I can ask for. I did cry (dammit!) but i also got my cuddles :D

So hopefully I see a bit of changes around here...he did assure me that I am the only person he would ever want to marry :heart:

Kate those dreams are weird...while I turn into an emotional mess under stress (first time ever, and geez - Im not used to being so girly!) you obviously channel stress subconsciously...its weird hey!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Glad your Hens was amazing Mel! Mine is this weekend and Im actually slightly nervous!!

Kate I just read your post in 'Vent Vault and Cry Chamber' about your BM dresses! Is it all sorted with these new dresses from Forever New? Is it close to what you wanted?

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:11 pm

I haven't actually got the dresses from Forever New yet so I don't know if they have any I'll like. They usually do so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I won't know until next week though as I'm working all week while FH is on holidays! I don't think I'm too stressed about it but I guess we'll see with my dreams tonight :P Just never even gave alterations a thought with the material otherwise I might have looked at something different. There's a big formal superstore down near Brisbane, they have short knee length dresses starting at $49 so that's always an option. I avoided that in the first place as I didn't want knee length but I'd much rather have them shorter then not have anything for the girls to wear.

And I'm glad the chat helped Erin :)

beckstar2012

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:11 am

If you find a dress in Forever New Kate but they don't have the sizes you need let me know and I can check out the Canberra store for you :) I was in there yesterday and saw that they had some gorgeous dresses! Fingers crossed you didn't have any wedding nightmares last night.

It must have been the day for vents and things happening yesterday. I was so cranky as my MOH told me last week that I needed to find a pink dress for my hens this weekend. I didn't have any luck over the weekend and yesterday was the only chance I have had to look in the city. I spent my whole lunchtime walking around trying to find a dress and eventually found one so I rang my MOH to ask her to look at it and see if that is waht she had in mind and then she said to me "didn't you get my email, we want you dressed in black now" ARRRGGGG i was so cranky and of course I don't own a little black dress so I was running around and in 5 minutes I found a dress, I am not very happy with it as it isn't something that I usually would wear and it is quite tight (and short) and it is from Ice. One of the girls I work with is bringing in another dress for me to try on today so hopefully I will have the choice of 2 on the night.

So glad to hear things are sorted with your FH Erin. Hopefully he starts pulling his weight and helping out a bit more. Sometimes seeing us cry is all the inspriation they need. I know we have had this convo (I think) but what are you doing for your hens this weekend??

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks Beck, that's really sweet. I think Canberras is one of the only places I don't have family to do my bidding. I've got family in Sydney, Melbourne, Townsville and Perth all keeping their eye out for cheap teal dresses for me :P I'm hoping I can find something at the formal superstore rather then going forever new as they don't have anything in teal but it's a backup option just in case. And thankfully no nightmares!

Finally signing all our legal paperwork tonight! No idea why I'm so excited about that, I think cause it makes it all so real. Hoping our celebrant has some examples for the actual ceremony, really want to tick that off my list and have one less thing to do.

beckstar2012

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 am

You are welcome :) I will keep my eye out for you if I am near the shops over the next few days.

I am excited about my hen's weekend this weekend but at the same time I can't wait for it to be over. My MOH has done all the organising and has included my other BM but not my sister in the planning. My sister called me last night to ask what was going on and I told her to call MOH. I feel bad that MOH hasn't included my sister (she is only 20 so doesn't have the iniative to contact MOH to find out what needs to be done) and I just feel like crying :( I have so much to think about that I don't have the time or energy to be dealing with this when it is completely out of my control. Hopefully cuddles with my friends 4 week old baby today will make me feel better!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:09 am

Beckstar Im sure your Hens will be fine...how stressful to be running around trying to find a dress that suits their plans with only a few days to go! YEs mine is this saturdya and I am slightly stressed about it, but just going t ogo with the flow :) We are having a 2 hour cocktail class (yummy!) in the city, then we have dinner reservations and plan on hitting the town. Since we are not having a bridal party for our wedding, my 3 best friends (my twin sister, a friend I have had since we were 5, and my best mate from highschool) have been great and picked it up as their job. I am very greatful for that :heart:

ooo cuddles with a 4 week old baby!! Im jealous!

Kate I know these dresses needed alterations, but are you BM sort of standard sizes? Will this superstore have something that might fit and suit them all? Fingers crossed! Im sure you will find something :wink:

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:34 am

I hate last minute clothes shopping so I feel sorry for you Beck. I'm sure you'll have a blast though, your MOH sounds like she's gone to a lot of effort, to be planning it right down to what people are wearing.
I'm not overly looking forward to mine. MOH has organized it on her own but she's been pretty filthy with me about it. She wanted to organize a pub crawl but I don't drink, half my friends said they wouldn't come if it was a pub crawl so of course I told her no. She's then really upset because I don't want to go out drinking after the treasure hunt and dinner and stay out till the wee hours. Again, I don't drink and I'm sick, I'll be lucky to make it till midnight! She's a single mum so doesn't really get nights out anymore so I think she just wants my hens to be a big piss up so it's enjoyable for her. I'm hoping come the night she'll have fun though.

Sizings are my biggest concern Erin. I've got an 8, a 10 and an 18. I can easily find something in the smaller sizes but for MOH, it's really difficult to just buy off the rack at most formal places. We did look their once before and they had some bigger sizes so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Don't ask me why, but MOH has become really demanding in the lead up to the wedding. She's telling me what she wants to wear as she doesn't like her original dress. I've put my foot down and told her chances are I'm going to have to pay for these new dresses so it's my choice. I'm not going to pick something hideous, but with the short timing and because she's put on weight if I find something in the right sizes I'm going to buy them. If she wanted to be fussy she should have watched her weight so she could fit her first dress. I know it sounds horrible but she's just frustrating me at the moment! I asked if she could have a look at alterations for her dress and whether they could be done and she's told me she doesn't want to until the end of next week! I kind of need to know now if it can actually be done, I'm not asking her to pay for it now, just check it can be done. Anyway, enough of venting about it, this is almost the same as the dress I found last time I was at the formal store, just in a deep teal so fingers crossed.

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:54 pm

I finally had a breakthrough with our venue!!! Had no idea it was happening but got an email today from a new function co-ordinator. Was thinking great, I'm going to have to go through everything again and it's going to be just as much of a pain. She's gone back through all the emails I'd sent to the old co-ordinator, already sent me last years menu and said we could pick from that (or choose from that and the new one) as we booked last year based on that menu. She's also going to contact the decorators to see if there's some way payment can be made together the week before the wedding. And I can have the tables arranged any way I like (was told by the previous one the way we wanted it wasn't doable!) I'm pretty happy, was just getting so frustrating that I was seriously tempted to look at a new venue!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Makes you wonder darkphoenix what your other coordinator was up to!!

I have had a breakthrough too.

My Dad has booked his tickets and is definitely

And my MOH has managed to track down a dress that i think is perfect. She is going to keep looking, just to mkae sure you cnat find a better one but I now know that if all else fails she can get that one.

STOKED.

That and dance lesson number two was sooooooooooo much fun!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Welcome Chicguy! Details please!

Well my dress hanger came today! It was a surprise for me on the doorstep whe nI went to work this morning. I opened the padded bag it was delivered in and it was wrapped so beautifully in tissue paper with a bow and looked gorgeous! I didnt want to open it! Anyway here it is!

photo.jpg

Im stoked!

Kate im glad your new coordinator is on the ball! Yes, I agree, wonder what your old one was doing!

Yay Mel! Im so happy your dad is all booked and sorted! It seems to have made your day which is great!

Good luck with the dresses girls!

OMG 1 MONTH TO GO!!!!!! :lol:

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Mel, so glad your dad's making it!

Erin, love the coathanger. They're just gorgeous! I actually had a go at a DIY one today, I was going to post photos but I feel bad now, don't want to take away from yours :)

All our legal paperwork is signed!! Our new celebrant is quite nice, he reminds me a bit of my grandpa and got on great with FH, they spent an hour swapping war stories (both are ex military and ex cops) before we got onto the legalities. He's given me some samples for the ceremony as well so hopefully I'll have that all sorted in the next week.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Kate post a picture!

Wow, legal paperwork done hey! Is it all starting t ofeel real? We don't do any paperwork before arriving in Hawaii - we get our licence 2 days before the wedding so I'd be interested to hear what it feels like :D

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 am

I think the fact that I'm up at 3am speaks for itself :P I'm actually pretty excited now the legal stuff is done, don't ask me why but up until now I felt a little bit like a little girl dream planning her wedding. It just feels real now and like I can actually plan my wedding and know it's going to happen. FH is a bit spooked though, hence being up at 3am. He can't sleep and he's not exactly the quietest person in the world when he's awake. Had a bit of a chat and thankfully it's not that he's got cold feet. He always half expected to me call things off (reckons he's punching above his weight and I'd wake up eventually) and now that it's all real he's just worried that he won't be a fantastic husband! Such a goose. Pretty much told him as long as he doesn't change and as long as we both continue to work on the relationship and put in effort things will be fine, oh and as long as he buys me flowers too :P

Here's the first coathanger, still got a few more to go. I'm planning to do 6 all up, one for each of the BMs, both our mums and FG. I'm thinking I'll definitely drill the wire in rather then having it wrapped like it is. FH has hidden the drill so thought I'd see how that looked as it's a lot easier but not sure I like it. Thinking of adding a couple decorative loops either side of the letters with some small clear beads too but we'll see. Surprisingly they're really easy and cheap to do, just really hurt my fingers. Even with cushioning the pliers were still really biting the wire and it looked messy so just bit the bullet and did them by hand.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:43 am

cute guys.

Well I have finally decided (I think) on how I'm going to do my OOS... the dreaded OOS.

I was a bit umm and ahh and was thinking what's the most important thing in my ceremony. We've spent a lot of time thinking about songs and chopping and changing. I thought- I would really like to include the song lyrics somewhere. But had a brainwave- I'm going to do my OOS as a CD. I'll make the cases myself out of card and print our details on that and I'll burn our wedding songs on the CD. I think it will be really cute and I've never seen it done before.

For the record these are our songs:

Entrance- Powderfinger Burn your name
Story- FH and I are both pretty difficult people- very stubborb, opinionated, loud- I want every single soul to know that I love you for what you are. My fav line in a song ever.

Signing- Empire of the Sun- Walking on a Dream
Story- FH and I travelled around the world chasing our dreams and had a blast. It was awesome for our relationship. the line in the song is 'we are always running for the thrill of it, always pushing up the hill searching for thrill... never looking behind us just in awe of whats in front of us... is this real now 2 people become 1'

Second song-

Love, Love, Love- Avalanche City

Story- It's just such a beautiful song...'you and me would run away to be wherever our adventure waits.... I heard your heart sing LOve love love.

Exit- I can see clearly now
Such a song of Joy.

First Dance-
Thirsty Merc- Someday someday
Story- FH and I had this as our song 7 years ago when we first got together. The song is about being apart from your love and it actually says- you have to go to university and I'm just trying to make some cash to follow my dreams. Well within a month of us meeting I moved interstate to go to uni and we were living apart. we bought eachother the cd single of this song and wrote a love message on it (I still have it) saying how one day it would be our someday. In 5 weeks that is our someday :heart:

I would love to hear the stories behind your songs.

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:35 am

That's such a great idea Millie! I never would have thought of it, it's so cute.

The story behind our songs aren't quite as good but here's mine
Entrance - Peter Gabriel The book of love
I heard this song on Scrubs a couple years back and just absolutely loved it. FH had no idea but on our first weekend away together, he organized a picnic at a nearby lookout and pulled out his iPod once we were there. He asked me to dance and it was the first song that played so it's kind of a little bit out song.

Singing - Bruno Mars Marry you
This is unofficially our song. I jokingly told FH after a week, our relationship obviously wan't that good as we didn't have a song :P Just then this song came on the radio and he's gone there you go. I screwed up my nose and told him it wasn't romantic enough but we both say our song's on every time we hear it.

Exit - The Troggs Love is all around
It's such a gorgeous song. I play the piano and this was the first song I ever played for FH. He's since let on that as he sat there watching me, he was completely mesmerised and knew that moment that he wanted to marry me. I'm glad he didn't tell me right then though, we'd only been together a month so I would have freaked I think.

First Dance - Lonestar Amazed
I was really struggling to find a song, especially with FH wanting to dance Zouk to it. It's a dance that has an odd timing so it doesn't work for a lot of songs. I'd seen it a couple times on a few lists so loaded it up on youtube, FH was going through playing songs on his computer to help as well. When it finally loaded I told him to turn his down so I could play one, he wanted to play one more and pretty much both clicked play at the same time. It ended up being this song so it just felt right. Not the most romantic story I know but I love it.

I don't know if we'll actually play this one or where we'd play it if we did but Don't give up by Peter Gabriel. I'm a big music person, I have a playlist on my iPod for pretty much any kind of mood, all it takes is a good song to get me going. This song has been one of the few things helping me keep my head above water these past 12 months so it obviously means a bit to me. Only reason I'm thinking I might not have it is we both really want our wedding to be a celebration. Even if I'm not better by then it'll be a day that everyone can forget the past 12 months and just enjoy it for what it is so I don't know that I want to bring it up.
Last edited by darkphoenix on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.45