A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

renae_chanelle
Topic Author

Wedding Blues

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi Ladies,

Well I have tied the knot and its all over :( Has anyone else been upset by this or am I the only one? All the hype and organising such a magical day and its over in less than 8 hours! I look through my photos and just wish I could do it all over again. Now its just a memory :( (of the best day of my life)

I just packed up the 'wedding room' and put all my stuff in to boxes, stored it the top of our wardrobe and had a cry haha!

I guess I just gotta look forward to all the other fun stuff in the future - kids, house etc. It feels so weird to have my weekends back and not doing anything while DH is working.

Thanks for listening to my rant xx :heart:

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Re: Wedding Blues

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:04 am

It definitely leaves you with much more free time - hence the fact that I am still frequenting this forum on a regular basis!

But be happy that it was such a great day that you would love to do it again. I know even on the day I didn't want to go home because I didn't want the day to end!

You might just need a new project like you said.

My DH has just started a new job that takes him overseas for a month at a time and I have just realised the need to find something to fill my time a bit more - poor DH will be coming home to all sorts of things being done to the house!

sachick90
I survived and got married

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 am

I know what you mean. All that planning and it's over so quickly. Lucky I now have uni and work which keeps me busy. I still look at photos and want to go back.

Maybe you need another big project to keep yourself busy.

darkphoenix

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm the same, it hasn't even been a month since my big day but I've had quite a few tearys since we got back from our week long honeymoon. Just little things set me off, I'll sit down on the couch and almost end up in tears because I have no DIY jobs to do, I was in tears the other day when I had to put my dress in to be cleaned and preserved. There is such a big lead up to the day, it's very emotional and it's normal to be down afterwards. My biggest problem at the moment is I only work 3 days a week, so I have 4 days of boredom where it does play on my mind. All the feelings of I'm never going to have the feelings I had when I first saw DH at the end of the aisle, I'm never going to feel so beautiful or have the emotions I had on that day, I think once I get the photos and video back and knowing I can look at them anytime and re-live the day will help but this past week (thanks to some advice from some of the lovely ladies on here) I've been keeping myself busy. I've pulled out an old cookbook and picked half a dozen recipes that I'll cook this week, I've come up with some little craft projects (I'm making an little album for our wedding cards), I've thrown myself into exercising a bit more too. It's all helped, it'll pass in time but for now, I think just try to keep yourself busy.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.2