A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Ice Cream Van

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Our wedding is in December and I was thinking it might be a nice 'cool down' treat for our guests if we had an ice cream van turn up after the ceremony (providing I can find one in our area). Would it be ok to have this and expect guests to pay for their icecreams themselves or should we pay for it?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: Ice Cream Van

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:53 pm

i think its a really nice idea but if you organise it i think you should pay for it... I am sure you would get a cheaper rate for bulk buys :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:03 pm

That is a great idea! I would definitely be paying for guests and I'm sure they would do you a bulk deal.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm

What an awesome idea! Please let me know how you go about finding an ice cream van... I might steal this idea :)

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:21 pm

misteri82 wrote:
What an awesome idea! Please let me know how you go about finding an ice cream van... I might steal this idea :)

I know it is definately possible in some areas - I just have to find one in Toowoomba (which I think I just have! :D ). I think most of them do it sort of like a tab & you just pay for what your guests get at the end. I have no idea about the pricing though - I have emailed the ones I have just found - hopefully they will send me something through. Will let you know how I go.

BTW - I just googled ice cream van hire Toowoomba to find these people.

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:28 pm

There's a little ice cream shop in the town where we're getting married (February) and we are either going to give our guests vouchers to get an ice cream after the ceremony while we have pics, or I'm going to hire his mobile freezer and buy some of his hand made ice creams for an ice cream buffet!

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Friends of ours did this for their dessert, it was great esp seeing as the day was 42 degrees , but I think you should pay for your guests

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:01 pm

I love the idea but I think the guests shouldn't have to pay for it.

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:45 pm

I agree its a brilliant idea! Also agree with the other girls that you should pay instead of guests. Sorry :/ it shouldn't cost too much. How many guests are you having? A few might decline as they'd be worried they might drip ice cream on their good clothes?

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:13 am

Loving this idea ladies!! I think your guests will really appreciate the thought, especially if you pay!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:19 am

Slinky wrote:
I really love this idea too and contacted a lady with an icecream van in Brisbane a while back. Her charges where a travel fee to come to the venue, it was going to be $50 for travel and then the cost of whatever icecream your guests get.

I haven't booked it as I am worried that there would be too much food at our wedding since we have canapes after the ceremony, entree, main, dessert, wedding cake and lolly buffet.

What do you ladies think? Would that be too much food?

Pffft, everyone loves ice cream, and entress, mains, canapes, desserts, wedding cake and lollies.

Without a doubt that is too much food - but I would do it anyway! At least no one will ever be able to say they were hungry at your wedding :lol:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:22 am

L.I.W wrote:
Slinky wrote:
I really love this idea too and contacted a lady with an icecream van in Brisbane a while back. Her charges where a travel fee to come to the venue, it was going to be $50 for travel and then the cost of whatever icecream your guests get.

I haven't booked it as I am worried that there would be too much food at our wedding since we have canapes after the ceremony, entree, main, dessert, wedding cake and lolly buffet.

What do you ladies think? Would that be too much food?

Pffft, everyone loves ice cream, and entress, mains, canapes, desserts, wedding cake and lollies.

Without a doubt that is too much food - but I would do it anyway! At least no one will ever be able to say they were hungry at your wedding :lol:

Soooo true!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06