A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Post wedding day nightmare!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Has anyone ever had a post wedding day nightmare? As in dreaming that the actual day was a mess?

Coupled with too much cheese and cold medication, I dreamt last night that the day was a total disaster! The venue was grossly unplanned and a cross between a camping site and a nursery! (It was really at a winery). The flowers wilted in my hands, the groom was nowhere to be seen (I had later found outin the dream that he had moved out of my parents house to live in another surburb, and when I went to his house, he had gone off to buy wine!) and my parents were both horribly drunk! It was hailing down and freezing! The only thing that was good was my dress! phew! It was one of those dreams that keeps on going even after you wake up and go back to sleep too!

I can totally analyze 100% of this dreams meaning I think, so I am not really surprised about it, but thought that it was super funny since the actual day went perfectly!!!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Re: Post wedding day nightmare!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Its funny you say that - I had one recently that (among other things) I forgot to buy a dress and had to wear his mother's, which was a 70s fright. I woke up confused as I knew we were already married, and if we were not, walking down the aisle in my pjs might have been marginally better than that dress!

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes I did. I haven't seen my mother since the day after our wedding as she asked us to not contact her anymore the week after we got home from our honeymoon - thanks for making me invite your boyfriend and being in lots of photos :(

Ever since I've had nightmares that we had our perfect beautiful day, then the stuff with my mum happened, and then for some reason we are doing the wedding again but she is there and won't talk to me and I'm screaming at her and thinking about how this wedding is ruined. Then I start wondering why we are having the second wedding when the first was amazing. That's when I usually wake up

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:41 pm

pinkperfection wrote:
Yes I did. I haven't seen my mother since the day after our wedding as she asked us to not contact her anymore the week after we got home from our honeymoon - thanks for making me invite your boyfriend and being in lots of photos :(

Ever since I've had nightmares that we had our perfect beautiful day, then the stuff with my mum happened, and then for some reason we are doing the wedding again but she is there and won't talk to me and I'm screaming at her and thinking about how this wedding is ruined. Then I start wondering why we are having the second wedding when the first was amazing. That's when I usually wake up

Oh gosh - you poor thing. I seriously do not get family a lot of the time.

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:01 pm

L.I.W wrote:
pinkperfection wrote:

Yep it sure does sour the post wedding glow. Lucky for me I have an amazing husband, awesome rest of the family and great inlaws.

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:01 pm

pinkperfection wrote:
L.I.W wrote:
pinkperfection wrote:

Yep it sure does sour the post wedding glow. Lucky for me I have an amazing husband, awesome rest of the family and great inlaws.

Im so sorry to hear that, but at least you have an amazing new husband!!

I had another dream about it last night! Whats wrong with me!!!!???

darkphoenix
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:59 pm

I've had one last week and it's 7 months on for me! I think it's just cause there's such a build up and you have all the nightmares leading up to it that it takes a while for your brain to realize it's over.

rhett's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Yes, I recently had one of these dreams. Although it is great to wake up and realise it was just a dream.

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 am

Gosh you poor girls, not even after the event do you get peace.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35