A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

dench88
Topic Author

Wedding dressmaker sydney HELP

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any previous experience/suggestions on where I can get my wedding dress made in the sydney area? I want lace and my budget is $4000 although would ideally want to spend below $2500.

How long does it take to make?
How much does it cost roughly?
Best places to go?

Thanks xx

Alex

EnglishCountryRose
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Wedding dressmaker sydney HELP

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi Alex, not sure if this helps but we had a massive drama with dying one of our bridesmaid dresses about 5 weeks before our wedding (long story, still trying to sort out what we should do with the dress that was ruined by this 'reputable' company), which meant that we had to get the whole thing remade in a short amount of time. We were recommended to Santa Sanchez from 'A Stitch in Time'. She was amazing. She made an exact replica of the dress that was fitted perfectly to our bridesmaid, within 2 weeks. It cost about $500 (dress was floor length, empire line with a boned pleated bodice and fabric flowers), not including the material (about 2 x what the dress had cost initially, but it had to be done). She does all manner of formal and bridal wear. Might be an option for you? PM me if you would like contact details. Good luck!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04