A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

A little bit.. different?

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:31 pm

I'm not sure if I've missed a thread on this.. but I was at a wedding yesterday, and it was beautiful.. but what I really liked about it was that it had some little things that stood out and made it different from other weddings - MC ran a loudest table comp (we won.. obv), there was karaoke, and a few other things that made me think..

what did you do, or things are you doing, that are a little bit different, to make your wedding 'stand out' a little bit?

All of our friends are getting married at the moment and I'm looking for something to make ours a bit unique - given that we're getting married at a castle and are having a reception hall reception, I' thinking it's the little things that might do it!

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: A little bit.. different?

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm

have been to weddings where they do a quiz thing about the couple and thats always fun

we arent doing anything like that as our is so low key and our families arent into games at weddings (neither are we lol)

I think for me I am happy just doing a quiz, getting to chat to the bride and groom, I dont need to be entertained I guess is a way of putting it. I think that you having it at the castle etc will be unique

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Our MC surprised us in the middle of the reception by holding an auction for his tie - one he made which had my DH's and my photo all over it. Haha great tie, was such a great surprise. The auction was funny but also embarrassing as all proceeds went to our honeymoon. Our family saw we were laughing but trying to get him to stop, so our brothers put in outlandish bids to make it stop. Our brothers never paid us, and we were given the tie to keep :D

Other things, we had flowers on all the tables, had freezer bags at the guest book table and asked guests to take flowers home with them when they left. They loved it, and we had so many wonderful wonderful comments.

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Agape wrote:
I loved FH's cousin's wedding. It was one of the best weddings I have been to because it perfectly reflected both the bride and the groom
-The Groom loved his car, so he and all of his GM drove themselves to the church each in a VL. A few friends jumped out outside the church and stop all the traffic both ways, and each of them did a massive burnout to 'announce' their arrival ... Yes it was a totally boganish, but it really represented the Groom; and also made me tear up, because I was so happy that his bride, who was so prim and proper allowed his to have something that was him even though it didn't suit her 'theme'.

My FH would love to do something like this... I'm still not sure about letting him do it though :lol:

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 pm

It is my experience that things which start as a 'little bit different' end up being the next fad that everyone does.

princess erin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 01, 2013 1:38 pm

We hired a magician to come and mingle with the guests for 90 mins, we only had around 50 guests and our reception was about 10 meters away from our ceremony location. We had a short 2 hour reception with finger sandwiches, quiches, fruit shish kebabs etc. It was lovely! and so us, that's the main comment I keep getting from guest about how us the day was.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed May 01, 2013 4:17 pm

we had quote a few things that made our wedding different from others...

*no break between ceremony and reception
*lolly buffet
*fingerprint tree instead of signature book
*photobooth
* cocktail wedding instead of sit down

divasew
Evry'body Dance Now
Evry'body Dance Now

Mon May 06, 2013 12:51 pm

We were married 6 yrs ago also had like a karaoke session at the wedding. We named our tables with song titles all containing the word "love", eg no 1 was "Love Is
in the air" table 2 "All you need is love", etc. The kids table was "Can you feel the love tonight" from the Lion King.
We printed the first line of each song on the back of the card and then the MC asked each table to sing as much of the song as they could. We had a bottle of champagne
for the winner. It was fantastic! Everyone loved it. That made our wedding a bit different! :D

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Sat May 11, 2013 11:27 am

KateM wrote:
It is my experience that things which start as a 'little bit different' end up being the next fad that everyone does.

I agree with this. Lolly buffets, fingerprint trees etc etc were around in the mid 2000s when I started planning, god knows how long they were around before that but I hadn't paid any attention.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.52