Forum Rules for Members & Moderators
Wedding Central (“WC”) reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of these forums. If you violate any of the rules stated in this document a moderator/administrator has the power to remove the offending message and may send you a personal message letting you know why action was taken. It is your responsibility to maintain a current, valid email address in your registration information so that our moderators can contact you in the event of a policy violation. Any member who refuses to comply with the policies of these forums will be banned permanently.
The moderators are not always able to read every single message that is posted on the forum. We ask you to observe the rules and if you spot any other members breaching the rules, or placing messages that you do not feel are appropriate, please report those messages and we will take steps to remove any messages that we consider offend and warn those concerned.
*These rules are subject to change without notice.
1. Respect ALL Members:
* Always conduct yourself professionally and treat others with respect. Any posts deemed abusive, disrespectful, containing offensive language or defamatory of another person, business or entity will be either edited or removed and the person responsible will be notified and a formal warning may be issued.
* Arguments and or grievances about outside social networking sites and meet ups ie. MSN, tinychat, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace etc are strictly NOT allowed and are to be worked out privately and dealt with away from the WC Forum.
* We are aware that members of WC are often also members of other forums. Please do not bring controversy from those forums onto WC. Please do not encourage each other to go to other forums to post in controversial threads. This reflects badly on WC and its members. Any threads of this nature WILL be deleted and the member warned.
*Don't Allow Yourself to Become Provoked. If somebody says something on a forum to you that has the potential to provoke, do not respond to it.
2. No Cyber Bullying
* If you feel you have become the target of humiliation, cyber bullying, deliberate exclusion, personal attacks or belittling, by an individual or a group, contact the moderators and it will be investigated further. We have zero tolerance on these matters!
3. No Trolls and Trolling:
* A post, thread or comment that is solely intended to incite controversy, conflict or cause annoyance or offence is considered "trolling". This includes personal attacks, a repeat of previous points/posts and or an emotional outburst. This rule is to be taken very seriously. Threads may be locked and or deleted without consultation and formal warnings may be issued to offending parties. Our word is final on these matters.
4. Stay Within the Law:
* WC does not allow any illegal activities on its forum. You cannot use the forum to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information. This also includes links to illegal websites that enable you to download music, movies, TV shows etc for free.
* Do not upload files or post messages that contain photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. WC is not responsible for any use of anything you say or post in its forum. Anyone that is proven to not be genuine in their advertising and posting will have their account deactivated and will be banned.
*No Advertising. WC is a place for brides to chat with other brides. No advertising is permitted on the forums. Any posts that attempt to advertise a business/product/service will be removed. Members of the wedding industry are welcome to join in the forum and share their experiences, passing on advice and to chat in general.
* Members that would like to advertise their business are to place a link in their signatures only.
* A Non-Wedding Related Trading Post exists for members to buy, sell and swap non-wedding related items, such as books, dvds, clothing etc. All wedding related items need to be advertised through Classifieds. If any wedding items are found for sale in Trading Post section they will be removed.
6. Using the Services of Members on WC (including the Trading Post):
* Members assume all responsibility where they provide bank details or moneys for goods or services provided by other members. WC encourages contact of this nature to be conducted outside of WC PMs as WC will not be held responsible for any moneys that go missing or any problems members may encounter.
7. Warnings and Bans:
* At anytime, if members are in breach of the board rules, they will receive a warning. After 3 warnings, a ban will be imposed. This ban is permanent.
*Warnings may be removed, if a member has been on "good behaviour" for at least 12 months. Otherwise, warnings will not expire. The decision to remove a warning is at the moderators’ discretion.
* If Moderators feel that a warning is insufficient, the system of warnings will be bypassed and an immediate ban will be given.
* Moderators do not need to give explanations as to why members have been given bans, warnings and why threads/posts have been deleted or locked.
*If a member receives a warning and is dissatisfied with that warning, PM the moderator team to discuss but do not publically post those concerns. Those posts will be deleted and may result in a further warning.
*If a member is dissatisfied with another member’s warnings or ban, do not publically post those concerns. Again, those posts will be deleted and may result in a warning or immediate ban.
8. Tickers, Signatures and Avatars:
*All signatures are now limited to two standard-sized or three mini-sized tickers.
*Your signature cannot contain any image with dimensions exceeding 550 pixels wide or 150 pixels high. If you have more than one image in your signature area the combined height of width of all the images in your signature area must not exceed 550 by 150 pixels (including any breaks between images).
If you include both text and images within your signature, the total height must not exceed 150 pixels (including line-breaks). Your signature cannot contain text which, in total exceeds 150 pixels in height. This equals approximately two standard tickers or one image.
*Avatars/Signatures should not be offensive to members. If your avatar or signature is deemed distasteful, offensive or illegal in any other way by a Moderator or forum member, it will be removed by the moderators.
* We will also NOT tolerate personal attacks via avatars and in signatures. If we are made aware of members creating problems through this medium the offending avatar and signature will be removed immediately. Moderators have the power to remove anything we deem offensive without consent if necessary.
9. Requesting Thread Deletion:
* The internet is a very public place. Due to this, please think carefully before posting sensitive or private issues, knowing that anybody in the world could read what you have posted.
*Moderators will not delete threads or posts at members request unless in exceptional circumstances and at the Moderator Team’s discretion. As a general rule, assume that when you post, your post will not be deleted by a moderator unless it is in breach of a forum rule.
10. Username changes:
* Members will be allowed only one username change. When this is done their title will be changed to "Formerly known as" for one month.
11. Deactivations and Deleting of Accounts:
* Moderators will deactivate a member’s account at their request. Users are not deleted.
*Moderators will not delete member's accounts and/or posts except in circumstances where post or thread is in breach of guideline. In the event that a member is banned they forfeit all rights to edit posts. If a member wishes to leave the forum and does not wish for their posts to remain they are invited to use the edit function to remove the content of their posts.
12. No Soliciting of Information by Members of the Media
*Members of the media are forbidden to start threads or write posts for the sole purpose of soliciting information from Wedding Central’s members, for use in published stories/articles about weddings or Wedding Central in general. Any threads or posts to this nature will be removed, and members posting such material may have their account terminated.
13. Be Careful With Personal Information
*Unfortunately it is a known fact that people are not always what they say they are. Always be aware that you are corresponding with people using the internet, and there will always be a degree of anonymity in this category of correspondence. Think twice before giving anybody on the forum your personal contact details. Use the PM feature to exchange email addresses or telephone numbers.
14. Goodbye Threads:
* If you wish to leave the forum and would like to say goodbye to the members via a post, please PM a moderator with your message and it will be added to the locked "Goodbye Thread" created by the moderators. Private goodbye threads started by the members can cause tension and are not allowed. Please remember if you wish to be in contact with people you have created friendships with before you leave, PM them privately for their contact details.
15. Pointless Posting
* Pointless posting is not appreciated. This occurs when a member starts meaningless threads or adds meaningless posts with the apparent intention of bringing their post count up or due to boredom. Any off topic pointless posting will be deleted as it clogs the forum and makes it harder for members to search for genuine information.
*First instances of this behaviour will generally result in a reminder from a Moderator. Further instances may result in an official warning. This is at the discretion of the Moderators.
16. Problems with Moderators:
* If you have a problem with something a moderator has done, and believe they have not done their job properly or abused their powers, DO NOT create a thread about it. We suggest that you firstly contact the Moderator in question and if you are still not satisfied please contact the Administrator. They will be happy to look into the matter and see if any further action is required. The Administrators decision is final. If you do start a new thread asking questions about how the moderators handled a situation, it will be locked and or removed from the main board and a warning may take place.
The Moderator Team are here to help so should you have any problems &/or issues relating to the forum feel free to PM the moderator team at anytime. We don't always login as a Moderator so please also feel free to PM any of the following girls who are here to help & make everyone feel welcome.
The team of Moderators are all volunteers. They are either getting married or have been married and remained on the forum to assist Andrew - the owner of the forum.
If you have any major problems please PM the Moderator Team or Andrew (admin).
Problems can be posted in Feedback