I love trifle!!
My recipe (I kinda wing it so sorry for no exact measurements)
One packet of jam swiss roll (not the one with cream just the moisty one with jam)
2 packets of jelly
1 tin of fruit pieces (try to avoid pineapple ones as they stop the jelly setting)
sherry (if you like
Birds custard (you get this normally in coles with the international food, you can use other brands but this one is perfect for thick custard!)
Double cream (not thickend cream)
hundreds and thousands
Big tip - make at least the jelly part the day before!
1. Break up the swiss roll and put in the bottom of your trifle dish
2. Put the fruit over the swiss roll - only the fruit not the juice
3. Make your 2 packets of jelly, and pour over the fruit and swiss roll, I like to have a bit extra so you get a jelly layer too this is where you can add the sherry too
4. leave to set - maybe do this bit one day and the other the next
5. Follow the instructions to make THICK custard
6. You can either take the risk and pour straight onto your set jelly but sometimes it can be too hot and melt the jelly so be careful or you can let it cool then take a blender to it and put it on the jelly cold,
7. Let the custard create a skin
8. Whip up the double cream till it is hard and spread over the skin of the custard and cover in hundreds and thousands
I make this every year for Hogmany dinner (New Years Dinner) and I have to make 3 else we never have enough!