A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jasmine&paul
I survived and got married
Topic Author

LOW GI DIET

Sun May 01, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi all i have been looking into healthy eating options today & came across the low gi diet I am looking into starting this but i would love to hear from people that follow it! I am looking at getting a book from Jennie Brand-Miller any recs? Would love to hear if its easy to stick to & not going to cost a lot more $$$ to buy the food.
Ive never tried a diet before & im not a very good cook so im hoping its simple to follow!!
Any info would be great thanks :D

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: LOW GI DIET

Sun May 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi Jasmine,

I follow a Low GI diet as part of my PCOS. In my opinion it is the best way to loose weight and look after yourself. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. I lost 34 kg's on this in conjuction with walking. I own all the Jenni Brand Miller Books and I keep this one in my handbag as when I'm in the supermarket I can look the brands up straight away: http://www.borders.com.au/book/low-gi-d ... /12031145/

This one also comes in handy: http://www.bookworm.com.au/Book/The-Low ... 21239.aspx

Some of the High GI foods are Potatoes, bread, watermelon. Coles have just bought out the Carisma Potato which is low gi (yipee!)

If you have any questions feel free to ask me. I have followed this healthy eating pattern for three years now :D

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun May 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Low GI isn't a diet as such - it's a lifestyle choice! It's less to do about cooking and more about understanding what you put in your mouth and making the right choices.

You'll probably find yourself eating less processed/refined foods, more fresh/natural foods so yes it may be more expensive, but it's worth it!

While I don't think of my eating habits as low GI, there's not huge amounts of starchy refined carbs or sugars, so it kind of is...I'm organised and take food pretty much everywhere. The only thing I find particularly tricky is buying snacks as most snacky food is predominantly carb based!

jasmine&paul
Topic Author

Mon May 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks for the info girls im def going to give it ago!! I have bought the shoppers guide now to!!

Well done russa on the weight loss thats amazing!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21