A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl
Topic Author

3 course dinner - what to make?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm doing a three course dinner...and the only thing i've decided on so far is the entree, i'm doing leek and potato soup..anyone got any ideas for a main and dessert that go with that?

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Re: 3 course dinner - what to make?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 am

maybe some sort of mild curry for the main? or casserole (for the cooler weather) and maybe something with a hot fudge sauce for desert :lol:

nutty2b
♥ Tartface ♥
♥ Tartface ♥

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:10 pm

What about mini roasts or lamb back straps with vegetables (roasted and steamed) with a sticky date pudding?

mellie29
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Chocolate mousse is always great if you have alot to do cause you can make it earlier and get it out when you want it.

If you wanted something warm to go with it you can make a berry compot to go with it and heat it just prior to serving (maybe put it on top of the mousse?)

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:22 pm

nutty2b wrote:
What about mini roasts or lamb back straps with vegetables (roasted and steamed) with a sticky date pudding?

I was going to say exactly this - yummmmm

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:29 am

At the end of this post of my blog is a tarte tatine recipe, it uses banana but you can use stone fruits or whatever you would like. It takes 20mins, from beginning to end and is delicious.

http://www.breadandsniffit.com/2010/09/ ... th-is.html

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:33 pm

This marinated beef fillet roll is really easy to make, can be prepared in advance and does not make heaps of dishes. Serve with simple vegetables steamed or roasted.

Depending on how dedicated you are, I find a simple fruit crumble is usually well received, can also be prepared in advance and is very affordable.

I do equal parts flour and sugar, add enough butter so when I rub them all together it looks like bread crumbs and then mixed spice. Add the crumble on top of fruit sprinkled with some sugar and spice and bake at 180 for 40 mins or so.

LadyLisa
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm

My favourite dessert is from the 1980s version Women's Weekly Barbeque Cookbook - a frozen coffee mousse with mocha sauce... delicious, and I'm not a sweet tooth, but everyone always cleans their plate of it!
Easy to make, the mousse needs to be frozen up to one week before, the sauce can be made night before or on the day
If it appeals, I'll type out the recipe for you

mellie29
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 pm

LadyLisa wrote:
My favourite dessert is from the 1980s version Women's Weekly Barbeque Cookbook - a frozen coffee mousse with mocha sauce... delicious, and I'm not a sweet tooth, but everyone always cleans their plate of it!
Easy to make, the mousse needs to be frozen up to one week before, the sauce can be made night before or on the day
If it appeals, I'll type out the recipe for you

Ive made a variation of that mousse before and it was delicious - the sauce with it sounds great
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11