A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo
Topic Author

Lasagna Recipe HELP

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Does anyone know of a lasagna recipe homemade that i can make?

with homemade white sauce?

Akasha
Biff Master
Biff Master

Re: Lasagna Recipe HELP

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:21 pm

i cheat a bit and buy some spagehti sauce and brown mince and onions together with some veggies
boil the sheets a bit so they arent hard
layer the mince and pasta sheets and add chopped boiled eggs through it
and use a packet mix cheese sauce on top and a mixture or paramsen, tasty and mozarella chese on top with lots of cracked peper

Bronzed Goddess
Drummer Girl
Drummer Girl

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:17 pm

Spinach, Ricotta & Pumpkin Lasagne

Mushrooms
Bunch of spinach
garlic - lots of it!!!
Zucchini
Tin of four bean mix or lentils or mince meat
250g tub of ricotta cheese
250g tub of natural plain yoghurt
grated cheese
Jap pumpkin
Lasagne sheets - always use fresh ones - much nicer!!
Tin diced tomatoes or a pasta sauce - i like the dolmios red wine varieties
mixed herbs
1 onion
s & p
dash wistorchire sauce

Sauce-
Cook onion and garlic in frypan till brown
add mushrooms, zucchini, four bean mix or mince, tin tomtoes or pasta sauce mix, spinach, wistorchire sauce, herbs,salt and pepper.

Dice pumpkin and boil, microwave or bake until soft, then mash. (DONT add to sauce mix).

Cheese sauce -
in a saucepan mix ricotta and natural yoghurt until warmed, then add cheese to taste, stir until cheese melted.

Alternate layers of sauce, lasagne, cheese sauce and pumpkin, finishing with cheese sauce and a sprinkle of parmasen cheese.

moon
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:47 pm

I just throw in a heap of veggies, like capisum, mushrooms, onions, carrots, tin tomatoes and of course meat and a pinch of sugar as well as salt and pepper plus herbs. Then I make a white sauce and had cheese to it with a little bit of nutmeg. The just compile with pasta sheets. Its really easy, I made one in this 35 degree heat out on the bbq the other day.

Ms_Pink

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:07 pm

I never used to make lasagne (even though it's my favourite) because it was such a pain, until my MIL gave me her recipe - now I make it all the time - so easy!

I can't really tell you all the exact measurements, I just guess...

MINCE: Brown onion in a saucepan, add mince (about 500g?) and cook. Add a tin of crushed tomatoes, some tomato sauce/paste, some mixed herbs and some flour to thicken (or cheat by simply using a bottle of bolognaise sauce).

SAUCE: Heat a teaspoon(?) of butter and some milk (2 cups?) in another saucepan. Add grated cheese and flour to thicken.

LASAGNE SHEETS: Put in a dish and cover with boiling water to soften.

Layer it all together (mince, sauce, sheets, mince, sauce, sheets, sauce) and top with melted cheese.

Bake.

YUM!!! :D

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:43 pm

I use Stephanie Alexander's recipe for lasagne. I make up a bolognaise type sauce (using mince, tuna, chicken or vegies) and use fresh lasagne sheets (if I'm feeling REALLY indulgent and have the time I'll make those too). From memory the white sauce is made by melting 60g of butter and then adding 60g flour to it, and you stir that until it's all smooth and grainy. Then you add 600 ml hot milk slowly, stirring each time so it stays smooth, and then adding more. At the end I add pepper and usually some parmesan. I always do it this way and sometimes it works brilliantly and sometimes it's still a bit lumpy, but no one seems to mind. If I'm feeling lazy I will just use ricotta, I have never bought white sauce, I don't really see the point.

Skylah
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:25 am

Instead of white/cheese sauce, I layer mine using bolagnaise mince, pasta, cottage cheese, light mozerella cheese

Peta2006
Mummy to Be!
Mummy to Be!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi. I posted this not long ago too!

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=79128

Hope it helps!

jmilton088

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 pm

moon wrote:
I just throw in a heap of veggies, like capisum, mushrooms, onions, carrots, tin tomatoes and of course meat and a pinch of sugar as well as salt and pepper plus herbs. Then I make a white sauce and had cheese to it with a little bit of nutmeg. The just compile with pasta sheets. Its really easy, I made one in this 35 degree heat out on the bbq the other day.

i love lasagna recipes it too delicious.. :heart:

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 pm

I don't use a recipe cause I have made it that may times that I don't have to. I do cheat and used a bottle of Leggos Bolognese sauce, because it tastes just as good as homemade sauce to me and it is heaps quicker.

But I do make my own bechamel sauce though. I like more white sauce than meat sauce. I don't mix cheese into the sauce, just layer it on top of the white sauce.

You don't need to soak the lasagne sheets, they cook just fine without. Or as some one above said, you can make your own pasta sheets - good because you can cut them to the exact size of your pan.

My recipe is pretty much the same as this one http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/13218/classic+beef+lasagne - for my bolognese I use about 800g mince and a bottle of Leggos Bolognese sauce.

I also make a chicken and leek lasagne:

Slice and cook 2 leeks in butter till translucent and tender, whilst doing this, make bechamel sauce the same as meat lasagne recipe above.
Once the bechamel is done, add leeks and about 1/2 cooked bbq chicken and stir together,
Layer sauce on bottom of greased pan, then cheese, then lasagne sheets, then sauce, then cheese, then sheets etc - I usually have 2 layers of sheets, finish with a layer of sauce
Cook covered with foil for about 35-45 min at about 160-180 C (enough for pasta to be tender and cooked) - take foil off and top with cheese, bake for another 10 or so minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly

It is one of my favourite dishes - I often make a mega batch (2 trays) so that we can have enough for one meal plus lunch the next day and then enough for 2 meals in the freezer - I just cut it into portion sizes and then wrap in foil and then cling wrap and then freeze as single portions. You can just reheat it in the microwave - just make sure you take to foil off first!

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Wow, old thread!

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Does anyone have a tried and tested Slow Cooker lasagne recipe??

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:29 am

GZIP: On | Load: 0.21