A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Ceremony rehearsal - worth having??

Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:33 pm

We are having one as that's just what our celebrant, but I agree that it's not really that necessary. Ours will be at the same time as our ceremony on the day before our wedding. We don't have a bridal party, so I'll be the only one who has to make sure I walk at the right pace!

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:51 pm

its just me and my son walking down so no need to worry about anyone else walking in front of us as far as timing goes. when it was discussed with the celebrant he was actually pretty good and said well you have both been married before you know what to expect, there is just you walking down so no real need for it, just asked my fh to arrive a certain time before hand to get the lapel mike set up so everyone can hear both of us saying our vows

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 pm

I had one the night before, just so everyone knew what was going on. I don't think they're 'mecessary' and wouldn't have bothered it it was going to be a hassle but I found it reassuring. I think the rehearsal dinner is the more American bit.

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:58 pm

YES...if you have an inexperienced bridal party. I had one 3 days before the wedding and I'm glad we did. It helped sort out pace for the BM and gave us an approximate time for the ceremony.

I can tell you that my MOH appreciated it.

Maybe ask your bridal party whether they want to have one or if they feel comfortable with what to do!

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:49 am

Yeah I am going to have one.
After meeting with our celebrant last night, she thinks that because our chapel is rather big, it would be worthwhile. She also thinks it is good to work out the timing of walking down the aisle to the music and a run through of where we should stand and when to hold hands etc. She did say that she thinks having the groomsmen at the rehearsal was a bit useless because they're already just standing there. But to include bridesmaids and the person in charge of your music.

I think it would be a personal choice. If you are going to feel too worried on the day because you're not 100% sure, then I would say have one. If you don't want to stress about organising everyone to get there and it won't make a difference - then you could probably leave it!

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:35 am

Our priest said we didn't need one - that we've seen it in the movies and he will provide cues as to where/when to stand etc....

I wouldn't mind having one though so that we all know what to do

west49th

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:59 pm

We'll be having one, as my FH hasn't been to a lot of weddings and isn't quite sure how it's all supposed to work. Plus the piece of music I have to walk down the aisle to is relatively short and I want to make sure that it's enough time to get to the end without having to sprint :D

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:59 pm

We're definitely having one. Same time the day prior to the wedding. Our celebrant strongly recommend it so our minds would be at ease & everyone knows where and when to stand / sit etc.
Luckily, my wedding party will all be at the venue the day prior do its not an issue for us to meet up.

monalisa

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Definitely!!

You will be nervous on the day, so it helps to have done it before.

Rachel
GZIP: On | Load: 0.17