A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sprinkelle
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:36 am

Last edited by sprinkelle on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: Wedding Welcome Bag?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:42 am

A welcome bag is a nice idea but I would have them given out after the ceremony and not on the guests seats so they are not 'played' with during the ceremony :)

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:01 am

I saw this pin on Pinterest a while ago about kinda welcome kits in the bathrooms which including panadol, bandaids etc. I think that this is a great idea, however my ceremony and reception are all in the same place, so it might not work for you.
I love the tissue idea, but I would also give it out after.. perhaps you can have a table with some supplies somewhere. I am so strange, but for some reason, I don't like the idea of having programs with tissues that state, "For your happy tears or whatever". It sounds kinda self obssessed or assuming? I know that everyone you invited are happy for you and everything, but not everyone will cry! anyway... thats off the topic!

bronzestar
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 pm

rubywoo wrote:
I love the idea of supplying your guests with water, tissues, paper fans or parasols if it's really hot etc, but I'm not a fan of the bag idea. I'd just offer these things on a table as they walk in for people to take as they need.

I saw on Pinterest programs that come with tissues though, which I thought was a cute idea!

I thought I was being a very considerate bride when I had a table full of programs, tissues, water bottles and hand fans (late spring bride) that the guests had to walk past to get into the ceremony location with a sign that said "Please Help Yourself". I am still using up bottles of water and tissues almost a year after the wedding. It's a lovely idea but don't be disappointed if you bring half of it home with you after the wedding.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.49