A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Brad's_Girl
Topic Author

Transport when ceremony is at hotel we are staying at

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi there,

I cannot work out for the life of me how to solve this problem. We are getting married at Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast. It is a golf course resort and we will be staying there. The ceremony site can be walked to (few minutes walk) but everyone will see us coming. This means we will have to use the road in the resort. We are offered Golf buggies, but I don't really want to use them, however we can't really hire a limo for a 30 second drive :wink: How can I arrive in style and class without walking or getting in a golf buggy :-) I was thinking the boys could go to another location (would like to surprise FH) and he can arrive by helicopter. What can us girls do?

Thanks!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: Transport when ceremony is at hotel we are staying at

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 pm

holy **** a helicopter? lol wow now that's going all out

can you get a horse and buggy?

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Meh I would take the golf buggy. Seems such a waste to spend a lot of money on as you say, a 30 second drive.

Does the resort have a mini bus or something they could drop you off in? Otherwise hiring a nice car and getting a friend to drive it?

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Oh I like the idea of a piper or guitarist! Nice one!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:56 pm

L.I.W wrote:
Meh I would take the golf buggy. Seems such a waste to spend a lot of money on as you say, a 30 second drive.

Does the resort have a mini bus or something they could drop you off in? Otherwise hiring a nice car and getting a friend to drive it?

I think you should use them, have fun with it! :D

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:33 pm

misspony wrote:
L.I.W wrote:

I agree with this. Seems a huge waste to me! Does it really matter that people will see you walking towards the ceremony? I'll be having to walk across a paddock to get to my ceremony, unless we hire a helicopter or something :lol:

Do not get pooh on your dress please :oops:

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:50 am

Hmm... now I'm starting to think it will look weird for me to walk from where we are getting ready to our ceremony location. I think it's about a 5 minute walk. Not really worth getting in and out of a car, definitely not worth hiring a limo. I do like the horse and cart idea though... but it might be too over the top.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Weird is the wrong word I think. I just don't want everyone to be watching me for 5 minutes while I walk up the road to the ceremony.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.31